Senior Advisor, Foreign Direct Investment, Embassy Trade Section (Business Finland)
We are currently looking for a Senior Advisor in Japan to drive Foreign Direct Investments to Finland. You will be part of a global network of FDI-specialists and will work in close operation with the Invest in Finland unit within Business Finland which is based in Helsinki, Finland. The operational name of the Trade Section of the Embassy, Finpro, has been changed into Business Finland from the beginning of 2018.
Your main responsibilities are to plan and carry out activities attracting investments to Finland such as:
- Evaluating the market and demand for investment opportunities within defined industry sector(s)
- Identifying potential investor companies and doing proactive customer acquisition
- Presenting investment opportunities to potential investors
- Managing customer accounts and driving the investment decision process together with assigned client team members
- Assessing re-investment potential, doing follow-ups on clients
- Focus segments are health, clean tech and ICT/digitalization
In order to succeed in your job we expect you to have the following competencies and experience:
- Strong B2B sales experience
- Excellent networks including senior management and decision makers within our focus sector(s)
- At least 5 years of experience in a management role in our focus industry(-ies)
- At least 5 years of experience in establishing international operations, FDI-promotion is a merit
- Understanding decision-making, corporate structures and the business-climate in the market
- Excellent networking capabilities, good negotiation and presentation skills
- Relevant academic background
- A thorough understanding of business strategy and internationalization processes
- Native or fluent Japanese speaker
- Excellent written and spoken English, other languages a merit
- Entrepreneurial and solution-oriented mindset
- Long-term commitment to reaching targets
- Excellent communications skills
- Inspired by people, results through people
The position will be based in Tokyo. This is a permanent position.
If you match the characteristics described above and have proven track record, you might be the person we are looking for. Please send your CV and application in English by 26 January 2018 to https://rekry.finpro.fi/recruitment/#/joblist .
For more information, please contact Jessie Cao at Jessie.firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the recruitment process, we will be carrying out a security clearance check on a successful candidate with his/her consent (Turvallisuusselvityslaki 726/2014). For more information on security clearance procedure and individual’s rights, please visit https://www.supo.fi/security_clearances .